We made Project Linus quilts at the ASG meeting on Thursday. I decided to make one for boys so the front is Route 66 and the back is fishing creels. That makes the charity quilt count up to three for the year.
When we were in Maui earlier this month, of course I found a quilt shop I wanted to visit. Boyfriend went with me and found a quilt he loved so bought the quilt kit for me to make. While recovering from a cold this weekend, I finished the quilt. He couldn't wait to come pick up the quilt and let me know this was his favorite quilt ever.
I have been asked to make the wedding vest for my boyfriend's nephew. The wedding is in California in May and the groom-to-be is attending school in Pennsylvania and won't be back in California until a few weeks prior to the wedding. I figured the best way to attempt a fit was to make a muslin and mail it to him. From there, I am hoping he will try it on and send me a photo with it on so I can see if we have the fit close. I made the vest muslin from scraps in my stash. From the muslin I know that I need to practice making welt pockets a little more before making the final vest in ivory Chinese silk.
I finally finished the green tweed jacket. This was one of my projects from the girls sewing retreat weekend in September of 2010. I had it all done except for the closure. The plan was to have it close with hooks and eyes but I seem to have lost enough weight that it will now close with buttons and buttonholes. Good thing since I spent a lot of money on those buttons. The story behind this jacket is that I found the fabric for $1.00 at Goodwill. I decided it would be great to try a Chanel inspired jacket with trim since I had never attempted something like that. While at Britex in San Francisco one weekend I found the perfect trim and buttons for the jacket and was shocked to find they totaled over $70.00. Oh well, I did say they were perfect. The lining was made with scraps from a previous project. I think the jacket turned out well but the photos might not do it justice.
I have another finished quilt for the year! Yay! This was made from scraps using a disappearing nine patch pattern. I plan to donate it as a comfort quilt for my quilt guild. I now have two completed projects of the eleven listed on my UFO challenge list. I just may make it yet. I hope to have some garments to start showing on the blog soon.