Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Green tweed jacket


I finally finished the green tweed jacket.  This was one of my projects from the girls sewing retreat weekend in September of 2010.  I had it all done except for the closure.  The plan was to have it close with hooks and eyes but I seem to have lost enough weight that it will now close with buttons and buttonholes.  Good thing since I spent a lot of money on those buttons.  The story behind this jacket is that I found the fabric for $1.00 at Goodwill.  I decided it would be great to try a Chanel inspired jacket with trim since I had never attempted something like that.  While at Britex in San Francisco one weekend I found the perfect trim and buttons for the jacket and was shocked to find they totaled over $70.00.  Oh well, I did say they were perfect.  The lining was made with scraps from a previous project.  I think the jacket turned out well but the photos might not do it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment