Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Jelly Bean Quilt

The jelly bean quilt was completed last night.  All I had to do was figure out how to use the embroidery unit on my new machine to do the quilt label.  Obviously, I mastered it, well, maybe not mastered but I can limp along with it.  I can't get a lesson on the embroidery unit at the sewing store until late April or May due to their schedule and my travel schedule.  What I did learn was that this machine just gets cooler and cooler the more I use it.  The embroidery is going to be really fun to use and I must dream up more projects than quilt labels for it.

This quilt was a kit from Connecting Threads.  I completed the quilt top last year at an all night sew event but hadn't machine quilted it yet.  I wanted to wait until I took the Jill Schumacher quilting class before starting.  The quilting was started on my Bernina and finised on the Baby Lock as the first sewing project on the new machine.  It was a good practice project but is no way near ready to enter a quilt show.  At least it gave me something to hang up so I could take down the Christmas quilt. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment