Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sewing with Silks - Liberty Shirt

One of my resolutions for 2013 was to sew more garments   I signed up for Linda Lee's Sewing with Silks online class through Craftsy.  This shirt was made step by step while watching the video and I learned so much.  I think this may be my best sewing project in terms of sewing quality yet.  I learned how to make tailor tacks, turn perfect corners, set in a perfect sleeve and the importance of pressing and how to use all the pressing tools I own and have never used.  The fabric is a pistachio silk shantung from Fabric Mart.  I meant to make this as a sample muslin but I love how it turned out and am going to wear it to work tomorrow.  Haven't decided how to style it but feel the need to add some color as I don't usually wear pastels.




No comments:

Post a Comment