Saturday, May 11, 2013

Sewing Workshop Opal Jacket

I seem to be on a roll with Sewing Workshop patterns.  This jacket was made out of some fabric I bought at a thrift store for $1.00.  The reason I bought the fabric was because the knit resembled the knits they use in St. John clothing.  It was really lovely to sew on.

The first photo makes the knit look teal but the second photo is closer to the true color.  Instead of serging the raw edges, I used black fold over elastic.  A first for me and will use this again.

The jacket needs a good press.  I try to press my garments but never to great success.  One of the tips I learned early on was to take my sewn garments to the dry cleaner to have them professionally pressed the first time so that is what I do with all of my sewn garments.  It will look much better when it comes back.:)



No comments:

Post a Comment